Skip to main content
In this guide you will learn about:
Quick Version of Zotero
No time to set up Zotero, but want to create citations?
Use ZoteroBib, a web-based tool designed for quick citation.
Zotero is a free, open source, easy-to-use citation management tool that helps you to collect, manage, cite, and share your research sources.
Setting up Zotero
- Go to Zotero.org
- Select register
- Fill out the registration form
- Authenticate your account via your email
- If you want to use Zotero after graduation, you may want to register with a personal email account
- Download Zotero 5.0 at Zotero.org
- Download the Zotero Connector, for Chrome, Firefox, or Safari
- Open Zotero on your desktop
- Sync Zotero to your account
- In your Zotero library, select:
- Zotero-->Preferences-->Sync (Mac)
- Edit-->Preferences-->Sync (Windows)
- Enter in your account information
- Click Set up Syncing
- Click the Green sync button in the upper-right hand corner to manually sync
5. Start adding references!
Update to Zotero 5.0
Before updating to the newest version, it is recommended that you back-up your Zotero Library
- Open Zotero
- Check for Updates
- Select Help-->Check for updates...
- Click on "Get the New Version"
- If you have not updated Zotero before, you might need to update a few times before seeing the option for the new version.
- Restart Zotero
- To update the Word Plug-in (if you have Microsoft Word), Restart Word as well
Ask a Librarian
Stop by the information desk
Questions? Need help? Ask a Librarian
Davidson College Library, Box 7200, 209 Ridge Rd., Davidson, NC 28035-7200
All box-title icons from Entypo pictograms by Daniel Bruce — www.entypo.com