Davidson uses MeeScan, a mobile app, to turn your phone into a self-checkout machine. To use the app, follow the below instructions (provided by Shephard University)
1. Download and install the MeeScan app from the Apple or Android/Google app store. During setup, give the app the following permissions:
- Allow the app to send you notifications.
- Allow the app to access your camera in order to scan barcodes on books.
- Allow the app to access your location so that it can automatically connect to the library that you are using.
2. Using your phone's location services, confirm that you're at the Davidson College Library. Meescan will only work if you're at the E.H. Little Library or the Music Library. If you're somewhere else, the app may prompt you for an authentication code. Ignore this request; Meescan will work upon entering the library.
3. Log in by pressing the green "Start" button and entering your Davidson credentials.
4. Once logged in, click on the "+" sign to start scanning items.
6. Scan the barcode of the item you wish to borrow.
7. If you are borrowing more than one item, select the 'scan multiple items' option before you begin.
8. Once you've finished scanning, click 'Finish' to complete the process. You will then receive an email receipt confirming the titles and due dates of the books.