Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Speaker Publications and Presentations
- Hernandez, M., Avery, D. R., Tonidandel, S., Hebl, M. R., Smith, A. N., & McKay, P. F. (2016). The role of proximal social contexts: Assessing stigma-by-association effects on leader appraisals. Journal of Applied Psychology, 101, 68-85.
- Avery, D. R., McKay, P. F., Wilson, D., & Tonidandel, S. (2007). Unequal attendance: The relationships between race, organizational diversity cues, and absenteeism. Personnel Psychology, 60, 875-902. doi: 10.1111/j.1744-6570.2007.00094
- McKay, P. F., Avery, D. R., Tonidandel, S., Morris, M., Hernandez, M., & Hebl, M. R. (2007). Racial differences in employee retention: Are diversity climate perceptions the key? Personnel Psychology, 60, 35-62. doi: :10.1111/j.1744-6570.2007.00064
Luis Rivera (additional manuscripts can be accessed on their lab website)
- *Villicana, A., Rivera, L. M., & Garcia, D. (2017). When one’s group is beneficial: The effect of a group-affirmation and subjective group identification on prejudice. Group Processes and Intergroup Relations.
- Rivera, L. M., & *Benitez, S. (2016). The roles of ingroup exemplars and ethnic-racial identification in self-stereotyping. Social Cognition, 34, 604-623.
- Rivera, L. M., & *Paredez, S. (2014). Stereotypes can “get under the skin”: Testing a self-stereotyping and self-esteem model of overweight and obesity. Journal of Social Issues, 70, 226-240.
- Adams III, V. H., Devos, T., Rivera, L. M., Smith, H., Vega, L. A. (2014). Teaching about implicit prejudices and stereotypes: A pedagogical demonstration and intervention. Teaching of Psychology, 41, 204-212.
*denotes student co-authors
Questions? Need help? Ask Us
Davidson College Library, Box 7200, 209 Ridge Rd., Davidson, NC 28035-7200
All box-title icons from Entypo pictograms by Daniel Bruce — www.entypo.com