Skip to main content
Newspapers held by other libraries
Looking for newspapers other than the ones that we have at Davidson? You may be able to borrow microfilm copies of newspapers on interlibrary loan. Try the following to identify and request newspapers. For more on microfilm, see Using Microfilm.
Find a newspaper or newspaper published in a particular place and/or time period
If you already know the title of the newspaper, please go directly to step 2.
Consult one of the following bibliographies or catalogs to identify newspapers published in a particular time period, country, city, state, or region:
- African-American Newspapers and Periodicals: A National Bibliography. Ed. James P. Danky. Cambridge, MA: Harvard Univ. Press, 1998.
REF PN4882.5 .A3470 1998
- American Newspapers, 1821-1936: A Union List of Files Available in the United States and Canada. Ed.Winifred Gregory. New York: Kraus, 1967.
Reference R 016.05 A51
- Newspapers in Microform: United States
- Newspapers in Microform: United States, 1948-1972. Washington, DC: Library of Congress, 1973.
REF Z6951 .U469
Note: Ignore the "1948-1972" in the title of this work; this volume lists many earlier newspapers too.
- Foreign Newspapers Held by the Center for Research Libraries
- Provides information about the holdings of Latin American newspapers by research libraries in the southeast United States.
- Latin American Newspapers in United States Libraries: A Union List. Comp. Steven M. Charno. Austin, TX: Univ. of Texas Press, 1969.
Reference R 016.07 L357
- Newspapers in Microform: Foreign Countries
- Newspapers in Microform: Foreign Countries, 1948-1983. Washington, DC: Library of Congress, 1984. [pdf file]
Note: Ignore the "1948-1983" in the title of this work; this volume lists foreign newspapers published in the eighteenth, nineteenth, and twentieth centuries.
- Newspapers in Microform: Foreign Countries, 1948-1972. Washington, DC: Library of Congress, 1973.
REF Z6945 .U515 1973nf
Note: Ignore the "1948-1972" in the title of this work; this volume lists foreign newspapers published in the eighteenth, nineteenth, and twentieth centuries.
- Revolutionary Mexico in Newspapers, 1900-1929: A Guide to the Microfilm Set, compiled by Adán Benavides and Agnes McAlester, Nettie Lee Benson Latin American Collection, General Libraries, University of Texas at Austin
- Waterloo Directory of English Newspapers and Periodicals, 1800-1900: Series 2. Ed. John S. North. 20 vols. Waterloo, Ontario: North Waterloo Academic Press, 2003.
Z6956 .E5 W37 2003
Search Davidson Library WorldCat to find a microform record and submit an interlibrary loan request
- Go into the Davidson WorldCat Library Advanced Search.
- In the Keyword search box, search for 'mircoform.' In the Title search box, search for the newspaper title.
Also, limit format to "Newspaper." Usually, we can only borrow microform copies of newspapers on interlibrary loan.
- Run your search.
- Review the search results to find a record that describes the newspaper during your time period, then view the full record.
- When you submit the interlibrary loan request, be sure to edit the publication date field; enter the year(s) you need.
Ask a Librarian
Stop by the information desk
Questions? Need help? Ask a Librarian
Davidson College Library, Box 7200, 209 Ridge Rd., Davidson, NC 28035-7200
All box-title icons from Entypo pictograms by Daniel Bruce — www.entypo.com